Plastic packaging accounts for 44 per cent of the plastic used in the UK, but generates an incredible 67 per cent of plastic waste. Environmentalists are calling for supermarkets and shops to ditch non-recyclable plastic packaging on its products as well as the bags offered at the check-out. Even behemoth corporations such as Amazon have recently come under fire for using non-recyclable plastic packaging. No-one is immune to the climate crusade.
Our Managing Director, James Woollard, recently contributed features to a number of key publications on plastic packaging alternatives, explaining how Polythene UK’s eco-friendly products, such as PolycompTM, PolyairTM and PolyliteTM, can help to create a healthy future for businesses, consumers, and ultimately, the planet.
Click on the links below to read more:
- Bio-based plastics to shrink beauty’s carbon footprint: ‘Have you got an appetite to do this?’ – Cosmetic Design-Europe
- Why it’s important to be looking at plastic packaging alternatives – Process and Control Today
- Why it’s important to be looking at plastic packaging alternatives – Global Banking and Finance Review
- The need to reduce plastic packaging in the retail sector – Retail
- It’s not easy being green reducing plastic waste – Start Up Donut